Review Excerpt: The Social Express is set of eight video-based lessons delivered on either computer or iPad, for children with a condition such as autism, Asperger’s or ADHD. It claims to teach “children how to think about and manage social situations through video modeling, thus enabling them to build social-emotional skills and develop the meaningful relationships they need to navigate life.” Can such things be taught impersonally, by way of video? That’s a key pedagogical question that we’ll leave outside this review. Subscribers, please log into our database using your password to read the full review along with our rating.
Social Express, The
Posted by CTR Editorial on October 17, 2012
About CTR EditorialEditorial Coordinator, Children's Technology Review
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.
Share This Post
- CTR Issue 199 – October 2016: Eight Amazing Digital Stories; Commercial Trickery and more
- A CTREX Survey: Top 10 Free Duck Duck Moose Apps to Download Immediately
- “Media Mentor” Librarians Have a Powerful Tool: Children’s Technology Review Exchange
- A Heartfelt Tribute to Seymour Papert
- Announcing CTREX 3.0: Faster Searching; New Features